SEPTEMBER 6, 2017
RICHMOND, BC (PGA of British Columbia) -- The PGA of British Columbia is excited to announce the regional recipients in 10 categories of the 2017 PGA of BC Awards.
The regional award recipients listed below for the Lower Mainland, Kootenays/Northern BC, Interior and Vancouver Island, respectively, were selected following an open nomination period and extensive deliberations by regional nomination committees. Each of the regional award recipients are now provincial finalists for this year's PGA of BC Awards, with the winners to be announced next month.
Below, PGA of BC members will find a link to vote for their preferred candidate in each category. Please note that a PGA of Canada member ID is required to submit a ballot, and ID numbers will be verified. Voting will remain open until Friday, Sept. 15 at 3 p.m. PT. The voting results will then be forwarded to the final selection committee, which consists of past PGA of BC Award Recipients. Please note that voting will NOT directly determine the recipient of each award, but will be used as supplemental information for the committee in their final decision making.
2017 PGA of BC Awards Regional Recipients
Dick Munn Golf Professional of the Year presented by Cutter & Buck
- Mike Cyndroski - Head Professional, Richmond Country Club
- Dale Moore - Head Professional, Windermere Valley Golf Course
- Adam Blair - Head Professional, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Jason Giesbrecht - Head Professional, Royal Colwood Golf Club
Fred Wood Class "A" Professional of the Year presented by The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- Lenny Cyr - Class "A" Professional, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Chris Medford - Class "A" Professional, St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
- Jamie Stevens - Class "A" Professional, Kelowna Golf & Country Club
- Gordy Scutt - Class "A" Professional, Olympic View Golf Club
Jock McKinnon Candidate for Membership of the Year presented by Cleveland Golf/Srixon Canada
- Clark MacPherson - CFM, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Bryan Armstrong - CFM, Copper Point Golf Club
- Nathan Grieve - CFM, Salmon Arm Golf Club
- Nate Ollis - CFM, Cordova Bay Golf Club
Jack McLaughlin Junior Golf Leader of the Year presented by O'Neill Golf
- Chris Lutes - Teaching Professional, Northview Golf Academy
- Lance Barber - Head Professional, Smithers Golf & Country Club
- Jesse Crowe - Head Professional, Salmon Arm Golf Club
- Gord Melissa - Head Professional, Pheasant Glen Golf Resort
Herb Paterson Sales Representative of the Year presented by Trainwest Management & Consulting Inc.
- Andy Dexter - Callaway Golf
- Mark Lindsay - Nielsen Agencies Inc.
- Jon Kadin - Nielsen Agencies Inc. (recipient in both Lower Mainland and Kootenays/Northern BC regions)
Golf Shop of the Year presented by Steve Graham Sales
- Nicklaus North Golf Course
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
- Predator Ridge Golf Resort
- Bear Mountain Golf Resort
Alvie Thompson Teacher of the Year presented by One Under Golf
- Mike Vanderwolf - Class "A" Professional, McCleery Golf Course
- Bryan Armstrong - CFM, Copper Point Golf Club
- Sean Richardson - Teaching Professional, The Harvest Golf Club
- Mac McLeod - Class "A" Professional, Royal Colwood Golf Club
Facility of the Year presented by Expense Reducation Analysts
- Capilano Golf & Country Club
- Copper Point Golf Club
- Gallagher's Canyon Golf & Country Club
- Cordova Bay Golf Club
Jack Westover Coach of the Year presented by Innovative Fitness
- Matt Steinbach - CFM, Simon Fraser University
- Simon Jones - Head Professional, Kimberley Golf & Country Club
- Clay Stothers - Class "A" Professional, Okanagan Golf Club
- Robert Ratcliffe - Class "A" Professional, Golf Canada
Davie Black Professional Development Award presented by ThroughConversation
- Gordon Mink - Head Teaching Professional, Hi-Knoll Golf Centre
- Cindy Soukoroff - Head Professional, St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
- Brice MacDermott - Executive Professional, Kamloops Golf & Country Club
- Doug Hastie - Class "A" Professional, Bear Mountain Golf Resort
Recipients will be honoured at the 2017 PGA of BC Awards Celebration taking place Wednesday, Oct. 11, from 6-8 p.m. at the River Rock Casino Resort in Richmond, where the provincial award winners will be named.
Tickets to the reception can be purchased by following this link. Admission will include hors d'oeuvres and two drink tickets at the event. At the reception, four additional awards, determined by the PGA of BC Administration and Board of Directors, will be presented to their respective recipients. These include the Stan Leonard Player of the Year Award, Jim Gibson Patron of the Year Award, the Arv Olson Media Personnel of the Year Award, and the Dunc Sutherland Distinguished Service Award.
Click here to see more information about each PGA of BC Award, including past winners and award criteria.
Congratulations to all regional recipients, and thank you for your continued support and excellent representation of the Association.
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Marketing Manager, PGA of British Columbia