JUNE 9, 2022
RICHMOND, BC (PGA of British Columbia) -- The PGA of British Columbia has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented candidate to join the Association’s administration team as Communications & Marketing Manager on a full-time basis.
The PGA of British Columbia is a not-for-profit Association consisting of 700 Golf Professionals who serve and operate nearly 200 golf facilities throughout the province of British Columbia. The Association’s administration office is located in Richmond, BC.
The ideal candidate will have completed relevant education (such as a degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field) and past experience in a similar role, preferably in association or brand management. They must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, a positive attitude and effective self-management capabilities. Candidates must be comfortable dispensing friendly, accurate, and professional guest service. Ability to produce professional, well-written content is a requirement for this role.
Experience within the golf industry and/or general golf knowledge is a strong asset but not required. Most importantly, we are looking for an individual who will best fit our team dynamic and continue to grow with the Association.
Candidates must be well-versed in Microsoft Office and all social-media programs and platforms. Familiarity with writing articles and press releases in CP Style, graphic design, photography, video editing, Adobe Creative Suite programs, Constant Contact or other email-management systems, and Drupal or other web-content management systems are also considerable assets.
The successful candidate will ideally hold a valid BC Driver’s Licence and have access to a vehicle. Applicants are advised that many Association events may take place at facilities or locations requiring Proof of COVID-19 vaccination to be welcomed on-site.
Core responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Responsible for production and distribution of weekly E-News newsletter, all print and digital materials, and oversight of all communication vehicles operated by the Association
- Serve as media liaison regarding Association events and initiatives, responding to media inquiries/requests and soliciting coverage in target markets
- Maintenance, supervision and updating of the Association’s website
- Curating and supervising of all Association social-media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Active communication at Association events and championships, including on-site photography and video, writing event recaps and issuing press releases
- Leading Internal Communication efforts for entirety of Association membership with updates and information on matters and initiatives of relevance to all Golf Professionals in collaboration with fellow administration team members
- Producing content showcasing the work of PGA of BC Professionals within their communities
- Record-keeping related to Association championship events
- Management of Association’s internal and external media libraries
- Liaison with PGA of Canada national office on communications matters
- Managing all marketing for the Association and activities within the marketing department
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Developing and executing marketing strategies in line with Association objectives and brand
- Working in collaboration with Preferred Partners of the Association to promote their services and highlight their patronage
- Working in collaboration with fellow administration team members to secure Preferred Partnerships and in analyzing potential strategic partnerships
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns
ADMINISTRATION & OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program lead for initiatives such as Canucks Junior Golf Week and annual PGA of BC Awards
- Provide administrative assistance to Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Provide administrative support for Association tournaments, education, and employment programs, as well as trade and consumer shows
- Administration & assistance in planning of Association policies, programs, and procedures
- Computer backup and IT
- Office equipment maintenance
- Work and support other administration team members in areas such as Business Development and Tournament & Event Operations
- Answering general telephone inquiries made to administration office
- Providing general membership services to Association members
- Overnight travel to events outside the Greater Vancouver area will be required
- Both outside and inside work required
- Some heavy lifting will be required
- Required to work weekends, evenings, and holidays when necessary
- Required office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- The Communications & Marketing Manager will be responsible for any additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Remuneration of $55,000 per year
- Extended Heath and Dental Benefits as determined by the Association’s Group Policy
- Two weeks (10 days) paid vacation, plus paid time off during holiday office closure in late December/early January
- Basic cellular phone allowance
- Professional-development allowance
- Potential for year-end performance bonus
- Annual PGA of Canada Membership dues (if applicable)
- Opportunity to visit and play at premier BC golf courses and facilities
Applications will be accepted until Monday, June 24. Candidates may apply by mail or email to:
PGA of British Columbia
243-7080 River Road
The PGA of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.