Gallagher's Canyon Golf & Country Club
4320 Gallaghers Drive W
Kelowna, BC V1W 3Z8
PGA OF BC Members: $39.00 + GST
NON-Members: $69.00* + GST *Please note that all Guests must be sponsored by a Class "A" PGA of BC Member in order to attend.
CLICK HERE to register
Thursday, February 28 (4:00 p.m. PT)
Available PDP Points:
4 Points for in-region members
6 points for out-of-region members
9:30 a.m.: Registration Opens
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: NORMAN BAUFELD; Head Teaching Professional, GolfTEC Vancouver Terminal Ave.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: SEAN RICHARDSON; Teaching Professional, The Harvest Golf Club
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Lunch Served
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: DAVID CRAM; Professor, Okanagan College Faculty of Business Administration
**Order of speakers subject to change
- NORMAN BAUFELD; Head Teaching Professional, GolfTEC Vancouver Terminal Ave.
Topic: The Business of Instruction: Providing efficient coaching and better service to students
How can teachers and coaches become more efficient and earn more while respecting our players and not overselling them? Baufeld will look at tactics and ideas to help frame conversations to build trust and the understanding of what it will take for a player to achieve their goals, and key in on player management after programs have been completed. Our ability to do more with what we have will be a focus of discussion.
- SEAN RICHARDSON; Teaching Professional, The Harvest Golf Club
Topic: Building the Complete Athlete
The PGA of BC's 2018 Jack Westover Coach of the Year Award recipient will share his holistic approach to coaching, including emphasis on physical fitness, the mental side of the game, tournament preparation and more.
- DAVID CRAM; Professor, Okanagan College Faculty of Business Administration
Topic: Cannabis at your Course: Developing a golf-facility marijuana policy
With legalized cannabis on the horizon in 2017, Prof. David Cram began teaching one of Canada's first courses analyzing the marijuana industry through the Okanagan College School of Business, focusing the emerging economic impacts of legalization, including effects on auxiliary industries. Now that legalization has taken effect, golf facilities need to consider a variety of factors in determining a policy on patrons consuming cannabis on site. Cram will examine these key considerations to help facilities develop an approach to marijuana that suits each location's needs.
- Norman Baufeld, GolfTEC Vancouver
- Sean Richardson, The Harvest Golf Club
- James Presnail, Shadow Ridge Golf Club
- Mark Kitts, Shadow Ridge Golf Club
- Lee Alaire, Gallagher`s Canyon Golf & Country Club
- Peter Hopley, Gallagher`s Canyon Golf & Country Club
- Brian McDonald, Fairview Mountain
- Rob Tadey, Fairview Mountain
- Brad Clapp, Fairview Mountain
- Mike Fredericks, Fairview Mountain
- Harris Stoneman, Talking Rock Golf Course