2018 PGA of BC Assistants' Champion
Monday May 27, 2019
Entry will be limited to first 69 entrants who meet the PGA of BC's eligibility requirements.
*based on a full field
PDP POINTS AVAILABLE
Golf Casual See here for detailed description.
Open to all Candidates for Membership, Teaching and Class "A" Professionals in good standing. When the field is full, priority will be given to those members employed in the golf industry.
The scoring format for the PGA of BC Assistants' Championship is a 36-hole stroke play competition. Players are expected to return scorecards to the PGA of BC scoring table immediately after completion of play. Scorecards must have the signature of the player and scorer before players are permitted to leave the scoring area.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his/her play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3. First breach of Rule 14-3 is a two stroke penalty, any subsequent breach is disqualification.
Practice Rounds - See below
Thursday, June 6th - 9 a.m.
Friday, June 7th - 7 a.m.
*Round 2 pairings will be redrawn based on Round 1 scores
- Lower Mainland Region participants must play practice round prior to May 31.
- All other participants are welcome to play the Tuesday (June 4) afternoon, or Wednesday (June 5) prior to 12 p.m. or after 5:30 p.m.
- All practice rounds must be booked by emailing Dale Schienbein at email@example.com or Lenny Cyr at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All practice round participants MUST WEAR PANTS.
- All players are required to respect Seymour's Pace of Play policy.
CLASS 'A' QUALIFICATION SCORE
Candidates for Membership may use the PGA of BC Assistants' Championship as a means to achieve their Class 'A' qualification score. The CFM must declare their intent to count their scores from the Assistants' Championship as a Playing Ability Test to the PGA of BC administration team before hitting their opening tee shot in Round 1.
REGISTRATION & SCORING
Upon arrival please proceed directly to registration. Please ensure you are at the 1st tee at least 10 minutes before your scheduled tee time. Failure to turn in your scorecard after your round could lead to disqualification. It is the player's responsibility to ensure there are 18 scores and two signatures on his/her scorecard.
The use of power carts is NOT permitted for this Championship. Medical exemptions permitted.
Following second-round play on Friday, an awards reception and presentation will take place at Seymour Golf & Country Club. Attendance is MANDATORY for top-five finishers. Please make every effort to stay until the awards presentation has concluded. Prize checks will be mailed within 5 business days.
Accent Inn - Burnaby
3777 Henning Dr
PGA of BC members are encouraged to take advantage of special rates offered by our Preferred Partners at Accent Inns by using the Promo or Corporate Code ‘PGABC’ when making their next booking.
Rooms starting at $254/per night (June 5th-7th)
- Matt Cella, Rob Houlding Golf Academy
- Shingo Akizuki, Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- Vince Trama, Mountain View Golf Club
- Larry Park, Seymour Creek Golf Centre
- Brad Walterhouse, Unaffiliated
- Matt Steinbach, Simon Fraser University
- Andrew Jeffers, GolfTEC North Vancouver
- Luke Bogdan, Ledgeview Golf & Country Club
- Colin Lavers, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Lenny Cyr, Seymour Golf & Country Club
- Mewail Kidane, Pacific Golf Academy
- Jeff Buder, McCleery Golf Course