1663 Little Shuswap Lake Rd.
John Shin - 2017 PGA of British Columbia Champion
Early registration discount: $275 (until July 30th)
Regular entry: $300 (July 31st to August 9th)
Entry will be restricted to the first 99 members who meet all PGA of BC Entry Requirements.
Deadline to withdraw without penalty is August 9th, 2018 at 4:00pm PST
To Be Determined
PDP POINTS AVAILABLE
Golf Casual See here for detailed description.
Open to all members in good standing. When the field is full, priority will be given to those members employed in the golf industry. Members must have held designation for a minimum of 30 days prior to the Championship.
The use of power carts is NOT permitted for this Championship. Medical exemptions permitted.
The scoring format for the PGA of BC Championship is a 36-hole stroke play competition. Scorecards should be returned to the PGA of BC scoring table immediately after completion of play. It is the player's responsibility to ensure there are 18 scores and two signatures on his/her scorecard.
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFICATION
The PGA of BC Championship will be used as a qualifier for the 2018 Canadian Club Professional Championship. The top 12 finishers with Executive Professional, Head Professional or Head Teaching Professional designation will earn exemptions into the 2018 Canadian Club Professional Championship, location to be determined. The top four finishers will represent British Columbia in the Inter-Zone competition.
CLASS 'A' QUALIFICATION SCORE
Candidates for Membership may use the PGA of BC Championship as a means to achieve their Class 'A' qualification score. The CFM must declare their intent to count their scores from the Championship before hitting their opening tee shot.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his/her play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3. First breach of Rule 14-3 is a two stroke penalty, any subsequent breach is disqualification.
August 19th - Practice Rounds
August 20th - Round 1 of Championship
7:30am - PGA of BC Staff Arrival
9:00am - Registration & Practice Facilities Open to Competitors
10:00am - Tee times start on 1st tee
August 21st - Round 2 of Championship
7:00am - PGA of BC Staff Arrival
8:00am - Registration & Practice Facilities Open to Competitors
9:00am - Tee times start on 1st tee (times to be based on score from round one with leaders going off last)
Immediately Following Play - Prize Presentations
To Be Determined
Interior region Professionals are encouraged to play a practice round well in advance of August 19th. Out of region Professionals are encourage to call the Golf Shop at Talking Rock to book a time for August 19th.
Caddies will not be provided by the host club or the PGA of BC at the Championship. If you plan to bring your own, please notify the office beforehand to allow enough time to get a caddie back made.
REGISTRATION & SCORING AREA
Upon arrival please proceed directly to registration. Please ensure you are at the 1st tee at least 10 minutes before your scheduled tee time. Failure to turn in your scorecard after your round could lead to disqualification. It is the player's responsibility to ensure there are 18 scores and two signatures on his/her scorecard.
Following the second round, an awards reception and presentation will be held immediately following play in the Quaaout Lodge. At this time, the William Thompson Trophy for low medalist will be awarded. Please make every effort to stay until the awards presentation has concluded. It is mandatory that top 5 finishers of the event must attend this post-round function.
Accent Inn - Kamloops
1325 Columbia St W,
PGA of BC members are encouraged to take advantage of special rates offered by our Preferred Partners at Accent Inns by using the Promo or Corporate Code ‘PGABC’ when making their next booking.
OTHER HOTEL RECOMMENDATIONS
A limited number of rooms remain at Quaaout Lodge. Please contact Adam Blair to reserve one of the remaining rooms.
- Adam Blair, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Shingo Akizuki, Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- Cody Bell, Sunset Ranch Golf & Country Club
- Luke Bogdan, Ledgeview Golf Club
- Drew Scollon, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Russ Latimer, Black Mountain Golf Club
- Clark MacPherson, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Bryn Parry, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Jeff Hallborg, Pender Harbour Golf Club
- Kyle McMurphy, Eaglequest Golf Centre at Coquitlam
- Nathan Grieve, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Cailean Hourigan, Bear Mountain Resort Community
- Greg Pool, Capilano Golf & Country Club
- Justin Ford, Bear Mountain Resort Community
- Luke McKenzie, Eaglequest Golf Centre at Coquitlam
- John Shin, Northview Golf Academy
- Andrew Rasmussen, Sunshine Woods Golf Course
- Gordon Mink, Hi-Knoll Golf Centre
- Cory Renfrew, University of British Columbia
- Finlay Young, The Harvest Golf Club
- Kevin Stinson, Cheam Mountain Golf Course
- Tyrel Griffith, Black Mountain Golf Club
- Jonnie Motomochi, Morgan Creek Golf Course
- Harris Stoneman, Talking Rock Golf Course
- Rob Tadey, Fairview Mountain Golf Club
- Dave Zibrik, Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Andrew Jeffers, GolfTEC North Vancouver
- Cory Draper, Capilano Golf & Country Club
- Tom Flockhart, McCleery Golf Course
- Isaac Weintraub, Gorge Vale Golf Club
- Sean Ko, Seymour Creek Golf Centre
- Cody White, Bowen Island Golf Club
- Darcy Dhillon, Acushnet Canada
- Mark Bicknell, Victoria Golf Club
- Matthew Steinbach, Simon Fraser University
- Brad Liptrot, Olympic View Golf Club
- Nathan Fairhall, University Golf Club