Davie Black Professional Development Award
presented by Empowered Life
2020 Recipient - Cindy Soukoroff
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
Davie Black was one of the founding members of the PGA of BC, serving as the Association's first President from 1931-1933, and then again in 1938. He served as Head Professional at Shaughnessy Heights from 1920-1945, arriving in BC after 15 years as a Quebec-based Golf Professional. The Scotland native was a very accomplished player throughout his career, capturing the PGA Championship of Canada four times.
The Davie Black Professional Development Award recognizes a PGA of BC Professional who is the model of life-long learning and continuing professional development. This Award is designed to give special recognition to an individual PGA Professional for outstanding and continuing contributions to professional development and continuing education.
The Davie Black Professional Development Award recipient:
- Demonstrates outstanding qualities of leadership
- Demonstrates strong moral character
- Maintains a substantial record of service to the Association and the game of golf
- Is well-regarded as a role model in professional development and continuous education for fellow professionals
- Continuing education records will serve as a resource for verification of programs taught by the nominee
Past recipients of the Davie Black Professional Development Award:
(* - denotes national award winner)
2019 - Adam Blair
2018 - Jason Giesbrecht*
2017 - Doug Hastie
2016 - Jeff Palmer
2015 - Alan Palmer
2014 - Ashley Zibrik*
2013 - Brian Schaal
2012 - Chad Scott
2011 - Brice MacDermott
CLICK HERE to view this award's Regional Recipients by year.